Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Been Awhile...

(Found this page was saved as a draft copy...so that worked out... )

Yeah...I've been remiss on this blog. What can I say?...life just steamrolls over a guy sometimes and you can't get centered enough to write. Just plug away at life and hope for the best. So here's the good stuff...

Today was a very good day in that I took my middle daughter to see her favorite writer who was in town, up in Ballard, doing a book signing. His name is D. J. MacHale and he is the author of the 'PENDRAGON' series. My daughter was absolutely ecstatic meeting him and got her books autographed and picture taken with him. She also gave him lots of her fan art. I also had a Kinko print made up of some Pendragon fan art I did (for my daughter on her birthday) and gave it to him. Great guy. Loved the art. Great speaker too.

Last Saturday (May 23rd 2009) I took two my daughters and my brother to the FOLK LIFE Festival at Seattle Center. This is Seattle's official 'Start of Summer' celebration...and there was thousands upon thousands in attendance over the Memorial Day week-end. Lots of musicians, lots of keen-o booths, lots of great food an such...plus the usual carnival rides. We did the ferris wheel and the 'Music Express'.

Two Fridays ago, my boss-lady gave me four free tickets to the Mariners game at Safeco Field. The Mariners beat the Boston Red Sox 5-4 in a comeback win. My middle daughter and my sister Rachael went with. My daughter was elated at seeing Ichiro close up. We had second row seats right by the right field foul post. This was my daughter's first baseball game...and a great one it was. She thought she might be bored but was pleasantly surprised at her own excitement level and the fervor of the crowds. The food was WAY EXPENSIVE!...but ya gotta have a hot dog and a drink at the ballgame. Saw Judd Hirsch at Seatac airport the next day...he was at the game too.

I worked the Big Microsoft CEO conference last week and chauffered some big corporate honchos (who shall remain nameless) and on the last day I caught a glimpse of Bill Gates driving by me at the conference center.

I picked up some Seahawks players on Monday and drove them to the new terminal 91 cruise ship docks for an autograph session/bon Voyagee event. This was my first time going there. Had lunch at 'Maggie's Bluff Grill' at the Smith Cove Marina...next to the Palisade Restaurant. What a great view of the new terminal and Marina.

Outside of all that good stuff, my 83 Olds had transmission issues. Cost: around $1,200. And this after nearly $800.00 worth of engine work was done earlier in the month. Plus tabs & title transfer fees. Financially I'm reeling.

My T.H.R.U.S.H website has attracted some attention...some weirdees too.
More later...

Garth.

No comments:

Post a Comment